Monday, September 29, 2008

One of Us

Watching the presidential debates last Friday night, it seemed as though both John McCain and Barack Obama were simply put on display to butt heads in front of a camera. Neither brought about stronger points, but both pointed fingers. It was basically like watching two intelligent people try to discuss important things while arm wrestling.

I'm an Obama supporter, but I'll give it to McCain in that he's not an idiot. He's intelligent, and he can speak well, which are two traits our current president severely lacks. But that's been old news for nearly 8 years.

What I'd really like to point out in that the only thing as scary as the possibility of G.W. Bush being in charge of our country any longer as it fails miserably, is the fact that Sarah Palin may get to take his place. (or atleast very near to it.)

Seriously, for every female who spoke into a microphone at the Republican National Convention after she accepted the V.P. Nomination and said, "She's wonderful, she's a mother, she's one of us!" I'd like you to consider a few things.

1. The blue states were quoted as liking George Bush for being 'one of us' 8 years ago, thinking he'd have their best interests in mind. My personal opinion is that I don't want me OR any of my friends running this country. I think it makes so much more sense to find someone who is smarter than me, smarter than you and smarter than anyone else I've ever attended a bachelor party with to decide where to stuff our dollar bills.

2. As far as being a mother is concerned, I can still recall my own mother's retelling of P.T.A. meetings and that there is no way in hell that any mother in that group could get the unanimous approval of every mother in the room. The fact that she's given birth to children does not give her a free pass to make only good decisions. I'm not saying this in a sexist sort of way, I'm saying this in a, "Holy shit! did you see that episode of Trading Spouses where the one mother trades with the other mother's family?!?!?! Whoa!" Simply stating that blindly favoring her because she's mothered children (or female) is really just a crapshoot.

3. This interview with Katie Couric should seal the deal in that Palin has no idea what she's doing, what she's talking about and should wipe out any confidence anyone may have in her as a leader. So enjoy the video, and then enjoy the video comments from (primarily) republican youtubers offering up the same blind support you give your favorite sports team when you blame the ref for penalizing your best player.

Enjoy:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...I watched that video this morning. WOW. Scary.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

She totally redeemed herself last night. *wink*

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home