Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Playing Along

It always seems that everytime I just play along and don't act out a situation to my interests, things get deep and ugly. Not instantly, but over time.

You can try to please other people as much as you want, but the one you have to be concerned about putting to sleep at night is yourself. Seems selfish I guess, but you kinda have to be. You can tell everyone exactly what they want to hear, and placate their place with you atleast until the point when they learn the truth. After going through this situation more times than I'm comfortable with, I can say that when they learn the truth it's usually much harder to take than if you had just been honest in the first place.

Keeping the peace, and maintaining a false situation can be so much more damaging in the end because it all builds to a boil, and the kettle holding that boil might not be able to handle heat that intense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home