Wednesday, August 08, 2007

50/50

Feeling equal parts great and awful.

Stress can do some strange things.
See, last week work had me so stressed that I was unknowingly clenching my jaw so tightly that the muscle locked. I started to feel the effects the day I left for a much needed vacation. The pain is intense, and it prevents me from being able to touch my teeth together on the right side of my face.

So a couple of days into vacation and the pain got easier to deal with as the stress of the job wore off, as I was easing closer to the few weeks where it would work itself out.

But, I get back to work, and within 4 hours I can't touch my teeth together again. It hurts to eat. This has happened to me once before when I was particularly angry at an incident going on in my life. It takes weeks to reverse the pain. It's frightening that my employment is causing it, rather than other factors (such as divorce) that one might think could weigh heavier on a mind.

I'm calm about the divorce. I'm okay with that much, but the stresses of the job?
A bit unreasonable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday...

you will be doing something even more creative...

and your jaw will unlock...

for a while at least.

If that is what you want.

Keep on writing...

keep on speculating...

8:51 PM  
Blogger Mizz Ragland said...

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!
I write bad blogs and leave pitiful comments sometimes.

DELETE.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home